Thursday, September 16, 2021

Prompt #3

What are things that easily trigger me and why do they trigger me?

•Um, the word ‘trigger’?  Because I feel like it’s overused by stupid leftists who feel that their personal triggers are everybody’s responsibility, except their own.   First of all, ew.  Second of all, no.  Figure out your own friggin’ triggers and make a plan to overcome them.  Stop throwing hissy fits because people aren’t catering to you and only you.

Country and Rap.  Or as I like to abbreviate them: CRap.  They remind me of my ex husband.

•Seeing a Dickerson.  🤢  Even speaking that name makes me feel sick, so I guess let’s call them Voldemorts from now on.

•Having an in-law act even the littlest bit unfriendly toward me immediately makes me think they hate me.  And the thought that an in-law hates me puts me back in that panic mode I constantly lived in while I was married into that hateful Voldemort family from hell.  Shelby seems to dislike me no matter how hard I’ve tried, so that has been kind of hard for me to deal with.  But other then that, my in-laws seem to have accepted me into their family.

•Eating Goldfish Crackers makes me feel incredibly sad and anxious.  I suspect because 1) my digestive system doesn’t handle them well and 2) that was my go-to snack when I had my miscarriage last year.  Other foods bring back sad memories too.  Cup Ramen, Jolly Rancher Bites, and anything from Taco Bell give me panic attacks whenever I eat them.

•This one is so stupid, but when I notice  that somebody has seen my message and not replied.  This includes people not opening my messages, because it’s easy to see when they’ve recently reacted to something else or made a post.  In fact, that feels worse in my opinion because it just shows that they couldn’t even be bothered to read what I’ve put effort into writing.  Being left on read gives me anxiety that I said something wrong, so then I go hurting my own feelings some more by re-reading what I wrote and being double-reminded that they didn’t respond to me.  It just makes me feel like nobody likes me.  I mean, they probably don’t so guess that just sucks.

Anyway, that was enough reflection for one day and I may as well have titled this WAYS TO HURT ME.  Hopefully there isn’t anyone who would even read my blog who would use any of these against me, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment