Saturday, September 18, 2021

Prompt #4

 What are negative traits that I don’t like about myself? Why do I think I have these traits?

-The way I sabotage myself when I start to see success.  Maybe I’m scared of success because I’m afraid of losing it, so I subconsciously decide that I may as well lose out, but on my own terms.

-It seems like it takes me longer to let things go than it does for other people. I guess I’m just too sentimental.  And when it comes to forgiveness, I hang onto things even more.  I’m not sure why I am this way.  Probably because that’s how my mom is and I’m just a lot like her.

-It takes me way too long to apologize.  If I’m being honest with myself, I probably do that thinking the other person should first see my side of things.  I’ll totally apologize once they also admit that I have a point.  But let’s be real.  They’re not going to see my side, they’re just going to assume I’m too prideful to recognize that I’m in the wrong.  And that’s only half true.  I’ll know I’m in the wrong, but unfortunately I am prideful.

No comments:

Post a Comment