Thursday, September 23, 2021

Prompt #7

 What do I struggle with most and how can I fix it?

I feel like I just made a lengthy post about this, but I struggle to find genuine friends.  The people I befriend pretty much always use me and/or talk shit about me behind my back.  And I’d be lying if I said that it doesn’t get to me.  It really does make me doubt myself.  It makes me wonder if I actually deserve to be treated that way.  Not that I’m such a perfect person who could do no wrong, but I’m going to go ahead and say that I deserve better than that.

So in a nutshell my solution to this struggle is to just not make friends anymore.  Once in a while I’ll find kindred spirits through my work, but it’s important to be professional and allow the client reach out as a friend if that’s what they’re comfortable with.  And maybe if I reach out to somebody that I haven’t seen in a while they could potentially become a friend.  But for now it’s easier to just keep my wall up.

And really, I’m not alone.  I’ve got my family on my side always and I’m totally happy when I’m with them.  So do I really need friends?  Nope.  But I do need to stop caring what people think about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment