Sunday, September 19, 2021

Prompt #5

 How do I handle anger and frustration?  Is this a healthy way to cope?

The way I respond depends on what I’m upset over.

Oddly enough, I feel like I’m alright at managing anger when it comes to big-ish things.  I just let myself go cry over it, then I talk to somebody.  Usually Taylor, Sarah, or my parents.

Thing is, it’s usually small things that get to me.  Things that are so small, it doesn’t feel worth making a fuss about it in the moment.  So I’ll just sigh and fix the thing that’s bothering me so I can move on.  But then these little annoying moments keep bottling up until it has happened one too many times, and then I finally blow up over the dumbest, smallest thing.

I know.

I know it’s not healthy to bottle things up.

But I’d rather not be mentioning it every single time I’m bugged by something because it’s a lot.  I would hate for somebody to feel nitpicked by me.

So I guess the real trick here is to learn how to not be bothered by so many things.  Is that possible?  Because I’d really like to stop being this way.  I swear I’m going to either give myself or Taylor an ulcer if I don’t fix this.

No comments:

Post a Comment