Saturday, July 10, 2021

Those Who Matter Won’t Mind

My golly, doesn’t it feel so nice to let go of worrying how other people see you?

I wouldn’t know!  I’m so far from that point.

But I do know that I want to work on it.  Living my life crammed up in my tiny comfort zone and being a people-pleaser isn’t making me happy.  I don’t want to leave this world without any evidence that I ever existed, so it’s time to start leaving a mark.

It’s definitely easier said than done.  I’m not sure how one stops overthinking what other people might be thinking, but I’ll be brainstorming that in back of my mind for now.

In case I need the reminders…

* If you recognize somebody when you’re out and about, wave hello.  Go ask them what they’ve been up to.  Other then a couple of minutes, what do you really have to lose?

* Not everything in life has to be taken so seriously, including you.

* Relish embarrassing moments.

* Don’t be afraid to step on some toes to stick up for somebody.  Do you really give a flying crap if a gossipy person won’t like you anymore?

* The moment you think that you’re possibly being an asshole, acknowledge it and apologize.

* Be too busy enjoying your wonderful life to pay mind to the people who will never like you.  Seeing you happy would probably just piss them off more, and we love to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment