Friday, July 2, 2021

Lisa Belle

Did you put this on my Pinterest today?  Because it sure reminds me of you!

On your birthday I have been missing you and thinking of you extra.  Even though I can’t see you right now, I have no doubt you’ve been around today. It is a special day, after all!

I love thinking of our memories together.
All of the sleepovers, silly interests that we both just understood and shared.  I remember a couple of silly fights, and how quick you were to forgive.
And I remember missing you when you moved back to Morgan.  This feels a little bit like that, except so much worse.
Even though I hate that I can’t see you and talk to you for the rest of my life, my missing you is evidence that a great friendship existed.
It makes me smile knowing that I had a true friend who would help me carry out hilarious plans to get our (yes, OUR) crush’s attention together.
You were such a badass daredevil, but also a sensitive healer at the same time.  A combination I would imagine being hard to balance.

I regret not being a better friend when I had the chance.  That was something that I felt even before you passed, especially after re-reading old messages between you and me. Those messages showed me a girl who had just moved after barely settling into her last place, who probably felt lonely and needed a friend to talk to.  And then I saw that friend totally missing those signs.  Totally blowing you off.
I’m sorry for not being there then.

I’m sorry for not following through with our plans the last time we made them.

I’m sad that I took you for granted and didn’t get to say all of this to you directly.  And honestly, I am not even sure anymore of what comes after this life, but I hope I will get to see you and hug you again.

Happy 25th Birthday, Lisa!






No comments:

Post a Comment