Thursday, July 1, 2021

Slightly Morbid Mood

You know how sometimes anxiety creeps up on you and convinces you that you are dying? Well that has definitely been the case for me these past couple of days.

The logical side of me knows I’m probably not going anywhere soon, but this morbid feeling does get me thinking about what will happen when I die.  I mean, our inevitable deaths really could happen in an instant.

So here is what I want.

I won’t be needing my organs anymore, so if they haven’t gone to crap I would actually love for them to be put to use. BUT!  I would want my organs to be given to a family member first, should they need it.  If they don’t need my organs, then please, by all means, give what is still good to somebody that could use it.

After that I want my body to be cremated and for my ashes to be planted in a beautiful tree.  Maybe even a few trees, if more than one person cares to plant a little piece of me.

No fruit trees though, because the thought of people eating fruit from my tree frankly grosses me out.  With that being said, I do think a Weeping Cherry Blossom tree (that doesn’t make fruit for anyone but birds) or a Red Maple tree might be nice.

Carving into my tree(s) is totally fine by me as long as it will make my loved ones happy when they see it.

That is my wish.

Not only would it be way cheaper than a traditional funeral, but it’s definitely more eco-friendly.  And in a way it would make me live on, which I think is kind of neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment