Monday, November 9, 2020

I'm the Storm That Never Leaves

I have a confession.

For the past few years I've been trying to make a living out of helping others feel beautiful.  More often than not, my clients come in needing to lift their spirits and I preach to them about the importance of being happy with who they are.

But the truth is, I can't even find beauty in myself.

I look in the mirror and I don't love what I can physically see.  Not at all.
What's worse, I'm not so sure I like who I am on the inside either.


Even putting these feelings out here is showing me just how lost I've become.  When I compare my posts from the beginning of this blog to now...

I just wish I knew where to find that girl who was so good at appearing bright and cheerful on the outside.
Is she really gone forever?

--
*This image isn't mine, I  found it at https://nobodyspeaks.home.blog/tag/learning-to-face-the-monster-in-the-mirror/

No comments:

Post a Comment